Port Alberni Shipyard Services
The Shipyard in Port Alberni was established in 1914 on the shoreline head waters of the Alberni Inlet, since that time it has been recognized as a leader in the Ship repair industry. CME’s 450-ton railway and two 75-ton synchro lifts allows Port Alberni to carry out extensive refit work.
- Docking to 450 tons
- Refit and repair work on steel, aluminum, wood, fiberglass vessels.
- CWB certified steel and aluminum repairs, extensive ship fitting experience
- Fabrication of everything from rigging to nozzles and hull modifications
- Coatings division including pressure washing, sand washing, sand blasting, and all coatings applications.
- Full service mechanical installations, including engines, gear boxes, and full hydraulic services and sales.
- Machine shop for rebuild of all deck machinery, custom components, and marine propulsion shafting.
- CME works with Lloyds, Transport Canada, ABS, BV to complete inspections and carry out any necessary repair.
- Marine Certified electricians, capable of any electrical work from complete re-wires to megger tests
- Shipwright-Joinery services, capable shipwright services and wood working services able to install new custom interiors and hull repairs.
- Certified Marine technicians for complete repair and service of ship systems including, steering, domestic, black, and gray water systems.