Welding and Fabrication
Canadian Maritime Engineering is CWB certified in Division 1 for both CSA standard W47.1 Certification of companies for fusion welding of steel along with CSA standard W47.2 Certification of companies for fusion welding of aluminum.
We are a full-service metal fabricator who have successfully completed many projects of both small and large scale.
All our metal fabrication is performed by highly skilled red seal certified tradespeople including welders, fabricators, millwrights and support staff.
We proudly support trades development in the form of Apprenticeships in conjunction with the ITA (Industry Training Authority), local trades schools and other regulatory bodies.
Our Welding Leads are trained CWB Welding Supervisors which helps to ensure quality is built into the products we produce.
For Metal Fabrication we work on everything from construction of new build vessels right through to miscellaneous fabrications such as docks, walkways, railings, structural and machinery items.
We perform many vessel refits covering everything from shell inserts to deck equipment. Our tradespeople are well versed in extensive full scope vessel conversions and refits.
- CNC Plasma cutting with 8’ x 30’ table.
- Oxy / Acetylene CNC cutting with 8’ x 30’ table.
- Press Brake forming up to 8’ wide.
- Rolling up to 8’ wide.
- Shearing up to 14’ wide
- Pipe Bending / roll forming.
- Fully outfitted machine shop to support fabrication requirements.
- All fabrication facilities with 10-ton and 5-ton overhead cranes.
- Design support and plan development
- X-ray quality welding in steel / stainless steel / aluminum GMAW / SMAW / GTAW
- Steel Welding to CSA Standard W47.1
- Aluminum Welding to CSA Standard W47.2
- Compliance to IACS Standards – ABS / Lloyds / DNV / CSI
- Travel Cart Welding for both fillets and seams.